|Uploaded:||Oct 09, 2018|
|Rating:||Based on 1 user ratings|
download m.e.c.p.study guide pdfMECP Certification Exam Contents
All MECP exams require a passing score of 70% or greater IN EACH
SECTION of the exam to successfully pass the whole exam. One failed
section will result in a failed exam. All MECP exams have a time limit
of three hours.
BASIC INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION – No Experience Prerequisite
The Basic Installation Technician certification exam contains 150 multiple choice questions and
is divided into five sections. This exam is intended for entry level technicians with little to no
professional experience. Use the MECP Basic Installation Technician study guide and online
practice exam at MECP.com as study resources for this exam.
Basic Electronics and Automotive Electrical Section (40 Questions)
1) Ohm’s Law (25% of Section 1) – These questions require basic knowledge and understanding
of Ohm’s Law, the related components (voltage, current, resistance, power, series, parallel,
etc.) as applied in a circuit and the math involved to solve specific problems. Since
calculators are not allowed on the MECP Basic Installation Technician Exam, the actual math
is considered to be at a basic grade school level.
2) Electronic Components (52% of Section 1) – These questions deal with physical electronics
components, such as resistors, capacitors, relays, diodes, batteries, power wire, fuses, etc.
as well as how or where they apply. The section also covers related units of measure, such
as Ohms, Farads, and Henries.
3) Automotive Electrical System Components and Applications (23% of Section 1) – This
section tests on the components and application of the automotive electrical system itself –
what the parts do and why they are there as well as how aftermarket installations must
consider various aspects of an automotive electrical system.
Entry Level Installation Technique & Shop Safety Section (40 Questions)
4) Components Applications and Usage (20% of Section 2) – These questions pertain to the
way that a component or installation accessory is applied or used in an installation. Also
includes wiring diagrams, symbols, and terminology related to installation. Many MECP best
practices for general installation are contained in this section.
5) Troubleshooting, Measurements, and Analysis + DMM use. (62% of Section 2) – This section
covers the identification and diagnosis of common installation errors and components that
don’t operate properly. This section also includes the use of tools that aid in diagnosis, most
notably the Digital Multimeter (DMM).
6) Power and Hand Tools (9% of Section 2) – These questions pertain to tools that are not
considered to be measurement and troubleshooting tools.
MECP Certification Exam Contents
7) Safety Issues (9% of Section 2) – This section includes questions directly related to shop
safety and proper use of safety equipment.
Introduction to Mobile Audio/Video Systems Section (30 Questions)
8) Basic Audio Theory and Analysis (26% of Section 3) – These questions deal with basic
acoustic and electrical theory as it relates to audio entertainment in the mobile
environment. Some questions involve basic mathematical computation.
9) Components (31% of Section 3) – These questions include all that pertain to the equipment
found in a mobile audio installation such as subwoofers, speakers, amplifiers, crossovers
and OEM interface devices.
10) Installation Practices (43% of Section 3) – This section covers questions directly related to
the installation of a mobile audio system including placement, connection, and
configuration. The installation questions follow MECP recommended practices.
Introduction to Security and Convenience Systems Section (25 Questions)
11) Components (42% of Section 4) – These questions directly related to the components of
mobile security and convenience products, such as sensors, sirens, switches, control units,
and other primary components.
12) Installation and Troubleshooting Practices (58% of Section 4) – This section covers
questions directly related to the installation of mobile security and convenience products
and follows MECP recommended practices as well as common troubleshooting issues
presented in the guide.
Introduction to In-Vehicle Information and Safety Systems Section (15 Questions)
13) Location, Safety and Navigation Components (20% of Section 5) – These questions include
all that pertain to the equipment found in a navigation or safety system installation,
including GPS based route guidance and reverse cameras/sensors.
14) Communication Components (40% of Section 5) – These questions include all that pertain
to wireless communications equipment found in a mobile installation, including Bluetooth,
satellite radio and HD Radio.
15) Installation Practices (40% of Section 5) – This section covers questions directly related to
the installation of in-vehicle information and communication systems, such as antenna
placement and wired connections, and follows MECP recommended practices.
Requirements for MECP Basic Installation Technician Certification
There are no prerequisites for taking the MECP Basic level certification exam. It’s intended for
entry level individuals with limited work experience. It’s an “apprentice level” credential.
MECP Certification Exam Contents
Study resources for the MECP Basic Installation technician exam are:
MECP Basic Installation Technician study guide, Third Edition
MECP Basic Installation Technician practice exam
The MECP Basic Installation Technician certification is valid for two years,
at which time the individual must recertify to maintain MECP Basic
Installation Technician status. Alternatively, the technician can move up to
the MECP Advanced Installation Technician level if they have achieved the
requisite professional work experience.
MECP Certification Exam Contents
ADVANCED INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION – Min. one year of work experience
The Advanced Installation Technician Certification exam contains 200 questions and is broken
down into five sections. Each of the five sections contains questions specific to the
corresponding chapter of the study guide in addition to other related “experienced based”
questions in that topic. Each section contains various questions covering the general range of
topics indicated below. There is an “on screen” calculator provided for any mathematical
Advanced Electronics and Vehicle Electrical Systems (45 Questions)
1) Ohm’s Law (21% of Section 1) – These questions require the actual knowledge and
understanding of Ohm's Law, Watt's Law, electrical circuit elements (voltage, current,
resistance, coulombs, electrons, etc.) and the math involved to solve a specific problem or
determine an unknown value
2) Electronic Components (33% of Section 1) – These questions deal with the physical
- martyn lloyd-jones joy unspeakable
- cd4511 datasheet
- ganesh sthapana vidhi in
- nuclear power reactor safety e.e.lewis
- psychology of sales call reluctance
- psicologia del desarrollo diane e.papalia
- statistische prozesskontrolle
- tiempo parcial de tromboplastina
- mero cristianismo cs lewis
- amana ap148ds manual